We believe it is important to set targets in the form of defined outcomes for our work so we can focus on achieving our vision for a future where Australia’s native plant diversity is valued, understood and conserved for the benefit of all.
Our mission, a national effort to conserve Australia’s native plant diversity through collaborative and sustainable seed collecting, banking, research and knowledge sharing, is being delivered through five goals:
- Collecting and storing seed in secure seed banks as long term insurance against loss of plant diversity.
- Conducting research to improve both conservation and restoration outcomes from seed banking.
- Developing national standards and improving capacity to enable conservation and restoration of biodiverse and resilient ecosystems.
- Sharing knowledge and engaging the public, private and charity sectors, as well as community members, in the work of the Australian Seed Bank Partnership.
- Securing and strategically managing our resources to strengthen and support the work of Australian Seed Bank Partnership to achieve its vision.
We prioritise projects that will help us build a national safety net for Australia’s plant species through ex situ conservation and to support our research to increase understanding of the seed biology of Australia’s diverse flora.